E-learning courses are self-paced, interactive training on the use of Microsoft products developed by Microsoft experts. Courses are designed to gain maximum skills in minimal time. Assessments, hands-on virtual labs, expert advice, and an interactive, nonlinear approach make e-learning an engaging and flexible experience.
You must have a Microsoft account to enroll in a course. Students must start a course before Software Assurance expires and complete it within one year of when they started it.
How Many Courses Are Available?
The number and type of courses available depends on the number and type of products with active Software Assurance. Courses are grouped into three categories: applications (desktop applications), systems (operating systems), and servers.
To see the number of courses available through any licensing ID, follow steps 1 through 4 of Taking E-Learning Courses, below.
Viewing a List of Courses
To view the current list of e-learning courses available through Software Assurance, go to the Software Assurance Training Benefit Product Catalogue. You must use Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater.
Make the following selections and click View Report:
- Training Type: E-Learning
- Program Type: SA
- Offer Type: One or more of the following:
SA Applications for courses about desktop applications.
SA Servers for courses about servers.
SA Systems for courses about operating systems
- Other filters as appropriate. For example, you might want to select the course language.
Taking E-Learning Courses
E-learning course assignment is managed through the VLSC by the person who has the Software Assurance Manager role.
- Sign into the VLSC.
- Choose Software Assurance from the menu bar.
- Depending on the types of products in your license, click E-Learning Applications, E-Learning Systems, or E-Learning Servers. The Manage Software Assurance Benefits page appears, showing the license IDs that have this benefit.
- Click the license ID for which you want to manage benefits. The Benefit Summary page appears, showing all benefits for this license ID that can be managed through the Software Assurance menu item.
- Click the type of course you want. The Activate Benefit page appears.
- Enter contact information and applicable domains for your organisation and click Activate Benefit.
When activation is complete, a 10-digit alphanumeric access code appears. You will also receive an email with the same access code and a link to the course website, which you may distribute to others in your organisation. Read more about Microsoft e-learning benefits.