Yes. Microsoft Software Assurance benefits are not the same as product licenses. Product licenses do not expire. They are valid for as long as you own the product. Software Assurance benefits expire after three years. They add value to your products but are not part of them.
Articles in this section
- What is Microsoft Software Assurance and how do I access it?
- What is included in my Microsoft Software Assurance benefits?
- How long does my Microsoft Software Assurance last?
- What happens after my Microsoft Software Assurance expires?
- Are my Microsoft product licenses still valid after Software Assurance expires?
- Microsoft License Mobility
- Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop Access
- Microsoft Roaming Use Rights
- Microsoft Backups for Disaster Recovery
- Microsoft Office Suites for Home Use