Even after Software Assurance expires, benefits that were accrued in that period are still valid. You will continue to be eligible to upgrade to any new versions of your products that were released within the two-year period of the benefit, but you will not be eligible for upgrades to versions that were released later.
Articles in this section
- What is Microsoft Software Assurance and how do I access it?
- What is included in my Software Assurance benefits?
- How long does my Software Assurance last?
- What happens after my Software Assurance expires?
- Can I renew my Software Assurance benefits through the donation program?
- Are my product licenses still valid after Software Assurance expires?
- License Mobility
- Windows Virtual Desktop Access
- Roaming Use Rights
- Backups for Disaster Recovery