For each Windows license you have with Software Assurance, you have access to Windows Thin PC, a smaller-footprint, locked-down version of Windows 7. Windows Thin PC is useful for reducing the costs of licensing endpoint PCs because each device accesses a virtual desktop environment. It also provides consistent security and allows administrators to manage multiple clients from the System Centre. For more information, see Windows Thin PC.
Articles in this section
- What is Microsoft Software Assurance and how do I access it?
- What is included in my Software Assurance benefits?
- How long does my Software Assurance last?
- What happens after my Software Assurance expires?
- Can I renew my Software Assurance benefits through the donation program?
- Are my product licenses still valid after Software Assurance expires?
- License Mobility
- Windows Virtual Desktop Access
- Windows Thin PC
- Roaming Use Rights